Breaking News

Russell Brand With Oasis At KOKO




















Russell Brand is hosting Oasis' only gig this year at KOKO on November 2, getting Noel to support him for drugs charity Focus 12. He explains how he lured the Gallagher out of his sabbatical:

"It's a great charity, but they never have enough money and I was really glad that I had a place to go to, so I thought I'd do a gig. Noel came and saw me do stand up a while ago, he liked it and since then we've become friends. He comes on my BBC 6Music show every week and mucks about, so I asked him to do the gig, so he said, 'Yeah I'll do it for your f***ing junkie mates if you want'.

A typically insensitive Gallagher attitude to a serious issue, but as long as he's agreed to turn up we can tolerate his boorishness. Did I insist on him supporting me? No, I'm aware that sounds ridiculous but he insisted on it. He doesn't want people to think it's his night, he doesn't want the burden of responsibility on his already arthritic shoulders.

He's got a Best Of coming out around the gig? Bloody hell! For a man whose entire career have ripped off The Beatles it strikes me that having a Best Of CD is one step to far! (Laughs).

Source: NME Magazine

No comments