Breaking News

Oasis Signing Wrecked My Love Life















Gallagher: 'Oasis Signing Wrecked My Love Life'.... Rocker Noel Gallagher's delight when Oasis first signed to a record label was short-lived - when his then-girlfriend burst into tears because she knew it meant their relationship was over.

The Wonderwall band signed a deal with Creation Records in 1993 and it was only a matter of weeks before Gallagher left his native Manchester, in north-west England, for the bright lights of London.

He says, "I remember going home to Manchester after a meeting with (Creation boss) Alan McGee in London. I got into my flat about two in the morning and the girl I was living with at the time woke up.

"When I told her Oasis had a record deal she burst into tears... and they weren't tears of joy. I said, 'What's wrong with you?' And she said, 'You're gonna leave me now and move to London.' "I replied, 'Don't be stupid, babe.' But six weeks later I was off. I said, 'London's calling, I can't stay here, love. It's my destiny.' "So while McGee gave me a record deal, he temporarily ruined my love life".

Source: www.femalefirst.co.uk

No comments