Breaking News

Stars Speak Out About Oasis Contribution To Music















John, The Coral

"Oasis changed everything! Before, it was scallys and skinheads and as soon as they'd come up all these Scallys started growing their hair!"

Billy Crogan
"I like Oasis. I just don't the rehearsing of the "bad rock attitude."

John Mayer
"Oasis are fantastic. The Gallagher brothers are like professional wrestling - they're not really hitting people over the head with a real trashcan, but it's fun to watch. it's great theatre. It's kind of like Alice Cooper with a microcassette recorder."

Alesha Dixon
"I love Oasis, I think they're great! My mates at school loved them but, erm, I liked Take That."

My Chemical Romance
"(What's The Story) Morning Glory? is one of the best albums of all time. The Whole Brit pop thing affected us on a deep level. But if we were in the same room I'd keep a safe distance. Although they seem like alright guys, you don't want to assume they're gonna like you!"

Corinne Bailey Rae
"The first album helped me to learn to play guitar. Before that, pop music was about The Inspiral Carpets or EMF or impenetratable stuff like Quincy Jones. Noel made song writing about melodies again."

Dan Gillespie-Sells, The Feeling
"I was so excited when Oasis's first record came out. Noel is such a great songwriter. Those songs will be around for many years."

Jon Fratelli
"Oasis and Blur were probably the last great bands to come out of Britain. I like the classics, because it's hard not to like them, but I like the B-sides album, too. My favourite Oasis song is on there, Rocking Chair."

Danny Jones, McFly
"I think Oasis are one of the most influential bands of all time. I've met Liam, talked to him for ages and had a beer with him. It's like meeting my idol. I can die happy now."

The Kooks
"We've seen Oasis about seven times! The first tune when Oasis play festivals is unbelieveable, because the guitars are so massive. And when they do cigarettes & alcohol... Brilliant!

Michael Stodart, The Magic Numbers
"Oasis got loads of people buying guitars and joining groups and wanting to write songs and being abit crazy. We met three of' em... even Paul! "

Orson
"The 1990's certainly belonged to Oasis. The first part of the millennium, too. Terrific band. "

Wayne Coyne, The Flaming Lips
"The moment I most loved about Oasis was at Glastonbury in 2003. They played an Oasis song over the PA for the crowd and it was the biggest singalong of the day. There's some kind of human momentum that comes along with a hundred and thirty thousand people all identifying with something so clearly. "

Simon Webbe
"I grew up listening to Oasis, they're good Manchester lads. And because of Wonderwall, I have Noel to thank for my daughter, Alannah! "

Russell Brand
"My favourite Oasis song is Songbird, because of how it was named. When Liam wrote it, he said, "I wrote a song for my bird. It's called Songbird."

Matt Willis
"In Noel and Liam you've got the basis of every great rock'n'roll story. Two brothers who love/hate each other, but you know each one could not exist without the other. I love you, Oasis! I love you! "

Source: Brit's Magazine

No comments