Breaking News

Nice Guy Eddie Argos Now Pals With Okerere And Liam Gallagher













Longtime PlayLouder readers might remember the amusing little beef that was cooked up between Art Brut's Eddie Argos and po-faced Kelly from Bloc Party a few years back.

Now it seems everything is all alright between the two, with Argos explaining all to Alexis Petri Dish in The Guardian. "He went on the telly and called me Fatty Argos, which wasn't very nice," Argos said. "As I said at the time, that's the kind of comment that killed Karen Carpenter. But it's all in the past now, and we're friends."

But that's not all! Could there be a role for Argos as a kind of UN mediator of indie? For not only has he buried the hatchet with Okerere, the hero of Germany has had larks with the Bloc Party frontman's arch enemy, Liam Gallagher. Gallagher and Okerere, as you no doubt know, constantly sling insults like "thick" and "University clever bloke' at each other.

Anyway, Argos explained what happened when Art Brut supported Oasis on tour. "Liam Gallagher changed his clothes three times in one day, which I thought was pretty cool," Argos said. "I kept thinking, these must be his stage clothes now, but no. He watched our soundcheck and we were playing 'Modern Art', and he's going, 'Yeah, fuckin' 'ave it! This one's me favourite!' He loved it."

"Liam Gallagher's favourite Art Brut song is 'Modern Art'... I said to him, 'Us supporting you is like Half Man Half Biscuit supporting U2,' and he goes, 'Half Man Half Biscuit? Noel used to play them all the time.' Then he sang me a bit of 'Trumpton Riots'. I thought, Christ, this is strange, Liam Gallagher is singing 'Trumpton Riots' by Half Man Half Biscuit to me. It was brilliant."

Source: www.playlouder.com

No comments