Breaking News

Liam Lays Down The Law



















...Sweetly to our Kim

Liam Gallagher has asked me to boot the behinds of Boy Kill Boy as they are halting work on the new Oasis album.

I chatted with the singer over a glass of wine where I told him Boy Kill Boy are laying down the follow-up to Civilian in producer Dave Sardy's LA Studio.

Liam, 34, confirmed - as I told you last month - that Sardy, who made the last Oasis record, 2005's Don't Believe The Truth, will be back on board again.

He laughed: "Well, kick their a*se and tell 'em to get a f***in' move on, like."

In their heyday Oasis would record more than slightly the worse for wear and drink and drugs benders.

Now family man Liam is more concerned about not being away from "our Kids".

He said: "We're getting started with Sardy as soon as he finishes what he's working on."

As we spoke at the Smithfield Gallery in London, where former Stone Roses ace John Squire, 44, was showing an exhibition of his paintings, I remarked it would be nice to swap the torrential rain sweeping Britain for the LA sunshine.

Sardy prefers to work in his own studio and along with Boy Kill Boy he has had Jet and Wolfmother through the doors.

Liam added: "We want to do the record in London; we have the kids y'know."

Along with Liam's nippers, Gene, six, Lennon, seven and Molly, 10, brother Noel has Anais, eight, and his girlfriend Sara MacDonald, 31, is pregnant with their first child together.

Surely making an album is much more preferable when there's the lure of a private pool to dip into between sessions?

Liam chuckled: "If we did, I'd be by the pool all the time, man. They'd say: 'Liam, come and do this vocal' and I'd like: 'Put some more suntan lotion on me back. I'm sure gettin' brown first'."

Even in this job it's not every day I get to talk to a proper rock and roll legend like Liam and he was the coolest I've met.

Charming and funny, he was equally as charismatic in the flesh as he is when he is on stage.

before arriving at the gallery we had a drink at a nearby pub where Liam posed for a photo with a fan.

The guy was overwhelmed and to break the anxiety Liam grabbed his bum - the result was a picture that will impress his mates.

I told Liam I'm more of a music than art connoisseur. While Squire's paintings looked very nice, I couldn't explain why they pleased the eye.

Liam told me: "I like the white painting best. You could always colour it in if you got bored with it. The orange one looks like sausages going mad in Ibiza."

Liam Gallagher - music legend and wise, charming man.

Source: Daily Star

No comments