Breaking News

Noel Gallagher And The Coral 'Wing It' At Proms















The Scouse band kick off climatic end to 2007, with the Electric Proms and three hometown shows to follow

Noel Gallagher made a surprise appearance with The Coral in London last week (October 24), as the Scouse band gear up for a hectic finish to the year.

Oasis' leader joined the group at the Roundhouse in Camden, north London as part of the BBC Electric Proms gigs. The collaboration, which eclipsed the galaxy of guests stars headliner Mark Ronson assembled for his Proms set, was typically fanfare-free as frontman James Skelly simply introduced the Oasis man as "our mate".

"A lot of people think of him as just being in Oasis, but he's actually a really great guitarist, so it was good to have him join in," said the singer. "He told us 'In The Rain' is his favourite on the album so we got him out for that. He did a great job, he didn't even rehearse before it, he just jammed along with it."

Noel admitted it was a fairly relaxed affair. "I was supposed to rehearse, but as I have recently become a dad, my little lad put paid to that the night before by keeping me up all night," he said. "You know, I am a musician, I know what I'm doing, I listened to the song a few times. Bill [Ryder-Jones, guitarist] sorted me out with the chords and that was that."

Read the full article in this weeks magazine

Source: NME Magazine

No comments