Breaking News

'I'm Nothing Like Liam Gallagher'














The Courteeners singer Liam Fray likes a rant.

Within ten minutes of our chat starting, the motormouth Manc has yelled, said the f-word more times than I care to remember and declared his band better than any other. No wonder he is being called the new Liam Gallagher.

But this week the singer’s gobbiness was justified when The Courteeners’ debut album, St Jude, crashed straight into the album charts at No4.

Liam says: “We are buzzing. Chart positions have never really been on our agenda as — well, look at Westlife. They’ve had loads of hits and they’re s**t. But this is nice. It shows that a lot of people are into us.”

Gobby

But any mention of the other Liam from Manchester and I am having to put my fingers in my ears. He bellows: “Because I’m Liam, I’m northern and I’m from Manchester, people are making comparisons. I’m obviously unintelligent and insensitive as well then.

“I’m nothing like him. I’m gobby, yes, but I do have brain cells. We’re having to bang twice as hard to get taken in as we’re not an Oasis copy band. We have got f*****g brains. We’re not this mouthy, laddish band people think we are.

“It’s nothing personal as I’ve never met Liam Gallagher and I love him and, yes, we dress alright, like Oasis and The Libertines were an influence on us, but weren’t they on most bands our age?”

Read the full interview bt clicking here

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments