Breaking News

Teacher Grabs Two Oasis Tambourines




















Lee Thomas is the world’s luckiest Oasis fan having twice caught a tambourine thrown by singer Liam Gallagher at two concerts more than a decade apart.

The Cardiff headteacher could not believe his luck when at Thursday’s Oasis concert in the CIA in Cardiff history repeated itself and he caught the lead singer’s tambourine when Liam tossed into the crowd. The same thing had happened when Lee was among the 8,000-strong crowd at the same venue on December 10, 1997.

Lee said: “I was at the concert with my wife and father-in-law. They wanted to hang around near the back so I went up the front of the crowd for the first song, Rock ‘n’ Roll Star.

“I have always been a big Oasis fan so I thought I would relive my youth and get up close. The song ended and Liam put it in his mouth. It is moon shaped so he was making a smiley face with it and then he threw it into the crowd and before I knew it I had grabbed it.

“I put it up my jumper and made my way back to my wife Jo. I was absolutely delighted but I could not believe my luck and neither could Jo.”

The chances of this happening twice in the CIA are around 64 million to one making Lee one of the luckiest Oasis fans in the world.

Lee returned to work in Meadowlane Primary in St Mellons on Friday with the tambourine to show the pupils.

But the excitement was not as great as it had been in 1997 when he was a teacher at Marlborough Junior School in Penylan and Oasis were still one of Britain’s biggest bands.

“I had to give them a few clues last week.

“They did not know Oasis but they did know songs like Wonderwall.

“Both tambourines are exactly the same size and I will certainly look after them as a piece of Oasis memorabilia.”

Lee has another chance of adding to his collection of “shaker makers” next year when he will be among the 60,000-strong crowd at Oasis’ gig in the Millennium Stadium in June.

Source: www.walesonline.co.uk

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Lucky bastard ;p