Breaking News

Ricky Hatton's Set For A Wonderbrawl




















Ricky Hatton reckons he will be top of the pops in more ways than one when he faces Paulie Malignaggi on Saturday night.

Superstar rock brothers Liam and Noel Gallagher will carry his IBO and Ring Magazine belts into the ring before the bout gets underway.

And in Hatton's personal chart he has placed them at No4 as he spoke for the first time about his Oasis pals.

He said: "Noel and Liam are going to carry both of my belts into the ring.

"When I think of the most important things in my life, there's my family first and Campbell my son, then I've got boxing, next comes Manchester City, then it's Oasis."

Hatton came close to persuading the Gallaghers to perform in the ring but schedules blocked it.

The Hitman, 30, added: "If they wanted to perform before the fight it's something that could happen. At the moment they’re touring America and it might not be the right time.

"They're coming to the fight, staying over and then they fly out the next day.

"I'd be happy to let them put on a performance but maybe after this fight and possibly for a future fight.

"I'm sure they would love it and I'm sure we could look at it at a future date."

Hatton has been blasting out Oasis CDs as he prepares with new trainer Floyd Mayweather Snr for his first fight back in Vegas since he lost his unbeaten record to Mayweather Jnr last year.

But it has not gone down too well with his trainer who has had Hatton running up the mountains wearing massive combat boots.

He said: "The first day I went into Floyd's gym all I could hear belting out was James Brown.

"I thought 'What is this s***e?' so I took it off and put on some Oasis.

"Floyd was slagging me off for my taste but it was good fun.

"I'm a bit of a karaoke merchant. There aren't many songs I don't know — Floyd has started calling me the white Luther Vandross."

As for the boots that have been like anchors around his ankles, Hatton added: "I look like Sylvester Stallone in Cliffhanger.

"It's really hard work with the air being so thin and I'm running at nearly 8,000ft above sea level.

"I've never felt as tired as I do after a session with Floyd but I feel better for it."

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments