Breaking News

Tales From the Middle Of Nowhere





Taken from Noel's tour diary for oasisinet.com

I fuckin' love Vegas. I think I may have mentioned this before. Have I? It's mental. And not good for the soul but I'm glad there's a place on Earth that exists like that and I get to go there once in a while.

The room they gave me at The Palms was incredible. It had a pool table in it! And a disco shower (that's right, a shower/discotheque)!

Got taken to what's called a high-rollers suite to watch the fight between Manny Paquiao and Fighting Oscar de la Hoya and what a fight! Paquiao battered him senseless. De la Hoya quit in the 8th (shithouse!).

Tricky-Ricky-Hatton was in town ('coz he's fighting the winner, see?). He popped his little head round the door 5 mins before showtime. Good to see him again. I may have mentioned this once or twice before but he's a good fuckin' lad. He cleared out a few Guinness and went out front to watch the gig.

The first person I spot in the gig (out of thousands) is my 4th best friend Russell Brand casually eyeing up people to get pregnant. Sadly for him it's mainly boys at our gig (although I'm not sure that'd stop him). That dressing room was too small for all them people, it could've got dangerous. Good fun though.

Me, Russell, Ricky, Burnin'Natty and various others had a look upstairs at the Bunny-Club (did I mention that The Palms is somehow affiliated to Playboy?). Poor Russell, he didn't know where to start. He was like a dog in a cake shop.

There's too much to tell really. Ricky turned up in a wheelchair, the DJ played some hip-hop bootleg of 'Wonderwall', all manner of shit was going on. I slung it before sunrise (a wise move!).

I'm at this moment back on the bus. Underneath the big sky. In the middle of nowhere. On the way to Denver. Mountains out of every window. Glorious. No wonder they all believe in God out here.

Anyway, my head hurts. I need breakfast.

In a bit.

GD.

Source: www.oasisinet.com

No comments