Breaking News

Ronaldo Has A Pop At The Beatles But Loves Oasis















Hell will freeze over before former Man United star Cristiano Ronaldo wins a popularity contest in Liverpool.

But the Portuguese winker has further cemented his place in the Merseyside bad books by blaspheming The Beatles.

Ron, who this summer signed for Spanish giants Real Madrid, reckons OASIS are a far better band than the Fab Four.

He said: "Liverpool have The Beatles and Manchester have Oasis. I think we (Manchester) have the better band.

"I have all the Oasis albums but my favourite track by far is Champagne Supernova. It's an absolute classic.

"One thing I will miss about Manchester is Oasis.

"I will be honest, I didn't even know who they were when I first arrived in Manchester, but you can't live there long without knowing who they are.

"The lads in the dressing room loved them, especially the English boys.

"When I came to England I was into my techno, but I think Oasis are one of my favourite bands now."

Even the fact Oasis stars Liam and Noel Gallagher are Man City fans does not bother Ronaldo.

He said: "Nobody is perfect - and you have to say they do make quality music.

"I saw them around town a couple of times but never spoke to them. They didn't look that approachable but sometimes these artistic types are like that.

"I am sure they are very nice. I know they are touring at the moment but I have not been able to catch them.

"Perhaps I could invite them to a Madrid v Barcelona match and they could put on a little private concert in Madrid?

"I liked their accent - a real Manc accent."

I'm sure Noel and Liam would have something to say about that, which sounds like "Cook off, you winker".

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

The Devendra Banhart remix of '(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady' and the Liam Gallagher-penned 'I Believe In All' and 'The Boy With The Blues' are now available to buy on iTunes.

No comments