Breaking News

The Courteeners’ Liam Fray: 'Oasis Aren't Finished'




















Frontman adds that the Gallagher's split means The Courteeners are now Manchester's biggest band.

The Courteeners frontman Liam Fray has given NME.COM his reaction to Noel Gallagher’s decision yesterday (August 28) to quit Oasis, saying he doesn’t believe the band is finished.

Fray, who is onsite at Reading Festival and due to play on the Main Stage this afternoon (August 29), also pointed out that with the Gallagher brothers seemingly not working with each other, The Courteeners are now Manchester’s biggest band.

“I can’t see it being the end [of Oasis],” he said. “They’ve always been ambiguous, haven’t they? Will they, wont they? It’s strange though. I’m pretty shocked and I’m upset. But, you know, it just makes us the biggest band in Manchester now, doesn’t it?!”

Despite his bravado, the frontman said he was saddened by the appearnet split, and paid tribute to Oasis by saying they were the reason he started playing music as an adolescent.

“I’m really, really upset, because they were a big part of my life growing up. Noel’s the reason why I picked up the guitar when I was 11-years-old - trying to learn ‘Wonderwall’. And Liam, as he is, is a fantastic singer. [I’ve] got a lot of respect for them both.”

Source: www.nme.com

No comments