Breaking News

Fury As Oasis Leave Fans Out Of Pocket After Splitting















Furious Oasis fans are demanding refunds after the band split amid a flurry of punches in the midst of their European tour.

Founding brothers Noel and Liam Gallagher traded blows in a vicious fight - in which Liam smashed Noel's guitar - just before they were due on stage at a festival in Paris on Friday night.

Noel then said the Rock en Seine gig was off and it was the end of Oasis, after making £52million from selling 50million records.

A backstage witness said of the fight: 'Liam was goading Noel constantly and then the two just snapped. There were proper punches and Liam smashed up one of Noel's guitars. Liam was like a man possessed. He was swearing constantly and was really angry.

'Medical staff were called, along with security. Noel got out of the ground as quickly as he could. This was a truly vicious fight - quite horrible.'

Scottish singer Amy Macdonald, who was also on the bill, wrote on her Twitter page: 'Oasis cancelled with one minute to stage time! Liam smashed Noel's guitar, huuuge fight!'

Noel said in a statement yesterday: 'The level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable.

'And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.'

Now fans wanting refunds in France, Germany and Italy may be left out of pocket, with promoters insisting concerts will go ahead with acts like Kasabian and The Kooks replacing Oasis.

Rob Hart, 19, from Nottingham, spent more than £350 on a ticket, Eurostar and hotel package.

'A few pounds back won't compensate for missing Oasis,' he said. 'What happened was an absolute disgrace.'

Years of rancour between Mancunians Noel, 42, and Liam, 36, had been coming to the boil for weeks. Last week singer Liam said they travel on separate tour buses, no longer speak and only see each other on stage.

Last weekend the band pulled out of the V Festival in Chelmsford which they were meant to headline.

They have split before, though, first in 1994 when Liam sang different words to Live Forever, lampooning his brother.

Songwriter Noel once said of Liam: 'It's a good thing we don't live in the U.S. where guns are more accessible because I'd have blown his head off by now. The problem is that I can't fire him because me Ma would kill me.'

On the latest split he added: 'Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you: As of Friday, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock 'n' roll pop group Oasis.

'I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band.

'Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.
'While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing: again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me.

'I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

'I would like to thank all the Oasis fans all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing. A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

'Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a family and a football team to indulge.
'I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a ******* pleasure.'

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

No comments