Breaking News

Mcgee's Sobriety Led To Oasis Success













Creation Records boss Alan Mcgee owes Oasis' success to his own sobriety - because the band would not have made it as big as they did if he'd joined their wild life.

Now retired from the music industry, the man who orchestrated the Britpop trend in the mid 1990s insists the best decision he ever made was to stop drinking and taking drugs as his record label took off.

MCGee tells Nylon magazine, "I stopped doing both (drink and drugs) in 1994... although sometimes I feel it would have been easier if I'd been off my nut.

"It (sobriety) helped me keep hold of them (Oasis)... I needed to be a sober-minded individual to look after Oasis."

The Scottish svengali admits he had "a brief relapse with alcohol" in 2002, but he quit again after his wife made him realise he was becoming "an embarrassment".

He adds, "It started with one glass of wine and ended up with a couple of bottles (a day)."

Source: www.contactmusic.com

No comments