Breaking News

Gloucestershire Builder Helps Out Liam Gallagher With Mod Cons















A Builder from Gloucester with a penchant for the mod revival has been mixing with the stars as he helped to promote former Oasis man Liam Gallagher's clothing range.

Dave Wyburn, from Abbeydale, was partying with the likes of Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics and Nicole Appleton of All Saints fame in Carnaby Street on Friday at the opening of a new shop for clothing range Pretty Green's.

Dave first met Liam two years ago after forming a friendship based on their mutual love for the mod era and scooters.

Dave took one of his scooters to the shop launch on Friday by the request of Liam himself.

Dave said: "It was great. Liam's such a nice bloke, he really is. I think the media just paint him in a certain way.

"We both love scooters and I first worked with him a couple of years ago when he did a photo shoot with my scooters.

"I'm a huge Oasis fan too so it was great to meet him, and we just got on really well.

"When he asked if he could use one of my scooters as part of the shop launch, I jumped at it."

Dave's scooter took pride and place outside the new shop on Friday for the passing punters to marvel at.

This is not his first brush with fame though as he owns the original customised mirror-endowed Vespa scooter ridden by Ace Face, who was played by rock legend Sting in the classic 1979 film Quadrophenia.

"The bike is now in Littledean Jail so everyone can see it," said Dave, 42.

"I found it by accident in a shed in Staffordshire, but brought it back up to scratch.

"I just love the whole mod revival, that's why I got into Oasis in the first place. To now have the opportunity to meet Liam is amazing. I haven't met Noel yet and I don't think I will to be honest, they don't exactly get on at the moment!"

Source: www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk

No comments