Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Comes Out As Anti-Fur













Oasis singer's Pretty Green label has joined animal rights organisation PETA

The former Oasis frontman's fashion label Pretty Green is completely free of animal fur, and the company has now joined animal rights charity PETA's list of fur-free fashion labels.

In an e-mail sent to PETA, Pretty Green's chief executive officer confirmed that the company has a strict no-fur policy and that it will now label any faux-fur trim on its garments.

"We are delighted to add Liam to the list of truly talented visionaries and trendsetters who are able to design stylish, fashionable and popular clothing without the use of fur," says PETA's Senior Programme Manager Yvonne Taylor.

Gallager's a long proponent of animal rights. After reportedly signing up as the face of charity Pup Aid back in 2010 he told The Sun he'd be a crusader for dachshunds: "Extinction of sausage dogs? I will prevent that! When I’m back in England I am gonna buy 900 of them. I am gonna prevent them from downfall."

However, he was less doting on his four-legged friends when speaking to NME earlier this year. "I like winding me dogs up," he said. "I just stand there with the lead, shaking it for ages until they're shitting and peeing all over the floor. And I'm stood there going: 'Walkies!' Then I sit back down again."

Source: www.nme.com

No comments