Breaking News

Noel Gallagher To Curate 2013 Teenage Cancer Trust Concerts













The Who's Roger Daltrey has told NME that Noel Gallagher is set to curate next year's Concerts For Teenage Cancer Trust.

The gigs, which Daltrey founded in 2000, have been staged every year by the charity's patron at London's Royal Albert Hall. But the frontman said he will now pass the baton on to the ex-Oasis chief in 2013. Gallagher has performed a series of solo gigs at the venue for the charity over the years. His brother Liam's band Beady Eye also played in 2011.

Daltrey told NME: I'm not doing it next year because I'm on tour and Noel Gallagher has kindly offered to step in. So he's putting the bill together. Obviously I'm in the background and I'm not going away. I'll put feelers out but he kindly offered and I accepted. Daltrey added: "I'm on the road all the way through to the beginning of March. So it really helped me out. Instead of being on the beach on my vacation in January on the bloody cellphone for eight hours a day, I can actually get some sleep."

The frontman also said that he's started the charity up in the US. He explained: "I've made a rod for my back because I've just started Teen Cancer America so we're basically shipping our model for how teenagers should be cared for in hospitals when they have cancer to the USA, we're trying to educate them in the same manner."

"I've just launched that and I think it's going to catch fire. because there's a huge lack of care there, they're not even recognised as a group."

The line-up for next year's shows is yet to be unveiled. Pulp, Paul McCartney and Florence And The Machine were among the acts that performed at the 2012 event.

Source: www.nme.com

No comments