Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Would Never "Stoop" To Co-Write A Song With Another Artist















The former Oasis star and High Flying Birds frontman - who was awarded an Ivor Novello award recognising his outstanding song collection - admitted he didn't always find songwriting easy.

Noel said: "It can be frustrating. I start a lot of songs and finish just about enough to make an album every now and again. So it can be frustrating. The words for me are frustrating.

"But I don't think I'd ever stoop to being that much of a scoundrel to be a co-writer with anyone. I hate that. They should write their own songs."

Noel was given a standing ovation as he accepted his award and thanked "everyone who has ever played on one of my songs".

And dedicating the award award to his wife Sarah, he described a recent conversation they had in which he said he wanted to turn the garage of their new home into a "creative space" to write songs.

"And she said to me 'I've never seen you writing songs'."

Holding the trophy he said: "If any more proof were needed."

He accepted the award from Kinks star Ray Davies, who joked: "I don't know why I'm here. I haven't done anything to help this man's career at all."

Source: www.expressandstar.com

No comments