Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Mr. Blobby, Threesomes, Oasis' 'Be Here Now' And More












Quotes from Noel Gallagher and Matt Morgan from last nights show on Absolute radio.

On Mr. Blobby 

Noel: “When he was on in the ‘90s – was it the ‘80s or the ‘90s? – I was obsessed with him ‘cause he’d just turn up and trash everything like a drunk, pink marshmallow. I thought it was anarchy, I thought it was the future."

Morgan: “I thought he was rubbish… I thought it was tongue-in-check meant to be rubbish, wasn’t it? It wasn’t meant to be – here’s the future.”

Noel: “I’m gonna get a load of DVDs and play ‘em to my children. I think they’d love it.”

Morgan: “Yeah, but what happened to him? It’s like he was disgraced or something. He disappeared.”

On threesomes

Noel: “I’ve never had a threesome.”

Morgan: “Really? You could have done. Why didn’t you?”

Noel: “I don’t know, I don’t like crowds.”

On fearing his knee had had a stroke

Morgan: “You once told me you went to the doctor because you had one sweaty leg.”

Noel: “I had one sweaty knee… It was in the ‘90s. Clearly, it was all connected to raging drug abuse. I used to wake up and one leg – it was around the knee area – was always sweaty. And because you’re paranoid, I used to think: ‘I wonder what it is? Maybe my knee’s having a stroke.’”

On Be Here Now

Morgan: “Did you ever scream on a track?”

Noel: “I’ve screamed on one track. On a track called ‘Fading Out’, me and Liam did a scream. We had to take a week off afterwards. It was awful. If you hear it on the record, it’s put through a harmonizer and it sounds… it wasn’t very good. I’m closing my eyes now and thinking of it and I’m thinking it’s not very good.”

Morgan: “Was it used?”

Noel: “It’s on the album! Be Here Now. Still available. A nine-million-selling flop.”

On David Bowie's death

Morgan: “It was a shock.”

Noel: “He did a photoshoot a few days before and he looked great… The insinuation is that he recorded [Blackstar] as a dying man.

Morgan: “If you found out you were dying, would you bother to go, ‘Oh, I’ve gotta do some music?’”

Noel: “It depends how I felt, really. I’m not that driven at the best of times. I wouldn’t have thought if I was on the way out… What I’d probably do is try to spend as much money as possible and settle a few scores. I don’t know if I’d be that bothered about going in the studio, you know what I mean? But I’m glad he did.”

Source: www.nme.com

No comments