Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On His New Single ‘Holy Mountain'


Noel Gallagher told Chris Moyles in an interview that was broadcast this morning about working with producer David Holmes on ‘Holy Mountain'.

He said  "How it came about was, one of the first sessions we did, the hook line, the tin whistle thing that is like one of the most catchiest things in the world, is a sample from a track by a brilliantly titled band from the 70s called The Ice Cream, and a track called Chewing Gum Kid, don't try and Google it, it's beyond obscure, you'll never find it..."

“So, we listened to that track, and he said, "D'you like this?" And I was like, ‘Wow! Why have I never heard that before?’ So, we sampled that bit, and the thing, dee, do, do, do... that just went round and round. I worked out the chords, did a bit of jamming on it and we put a drum machine on it…

“David said, ‘D’you think this will make it on the album?’ And I went, ‘Mate, this is gonna be the first single. If it kills me, I am gonna finish this song’.

"Because there's so much joy in that track. My kids love it, it's already a playground anthem in Notting Hill. My kids love it, and all my mates' kids love it. When you hear it, by the second time you hear it, the thing's stuck in your head, and it becomes slightly annoying, I must say, but it's brilliant!”

No comments