Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Fame, Rock Stars And More


Quotes taken from an interview with Noel Gallagher from the new edition of 'The Red Bulletin'.

“When I started, I didn’t want to be famous. I wanted to be rich. Fame? Meh. I’m good at fame. Fame doesn’t bother me. But it wasn’t the driving force. I’ve never considered myself a rock star. Technically speaking I am, sure, but I don’t walk like a rock star. I can talk like one.”

“Rock stars today? There are no rock stars left. Rock stars now in England? They’re either really f***ing naff or the wrong side of 40. Or they don’t write their own music and they have nothing to say. Or they have bad hair and even worse shoes.”

"You know, when I think of rock music now, I think of Dave Grohl and it’s like, ‘Can you stop shouting, please?’ And I think of Green Day and it’s like, ‘Can you stop moaning, please?’ All dressed the same, all with tattoos, f***ing earrings and dyed hair".

“That’s not where I’m coming from. I’ve never been like that.”

“Bands are owned by their fans because they’re in touch with them on social media, and their fans dictate to them what they want, and their record company dictates to them what they should be doing,” he said.

“I’m sorry, but nobody f***ing owns me. They don’t own my thoughts or what I wear or who I want to be in my band.”

Read the full interview in the June issue of The Red Bulletin, out with the Standard on Tuesday

No comments