Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Oasis Reunion And More













Noel Gallagher and his High Flying Birds played Croke Park last night, supporting the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and just before his soundcheck, he invited us down to Croker for an announcement. He’ll be back in Dublin playing with Kasabian on Thursday August 23rd with tickets going on sale this Friday at 9am.

Would you believe Noel Gallagher one played a GAA match at Croker in 1983! Noel said “Yeah someone just showed me a photo of it. I can remember I scored a point. I mean we got hammered. Obviously the Irish community in Manchester has lots of Gaelic football teams. We played for one called Oisin’s. We were the champions of Lancashire – the champions for years from Under 14’s right through to Under 18’s and then we came over here to Ireland to play an Irish team and got leathered. My older brother Paul follows it – he follows Mayo. If I knew it was on, I’d probably watch it. It’s quite exciting and a great game. I’m not too hot on hurling – f*** that. It’s like gang warfare – any sport you have to wear a helmet is wrong. It was decided I was better off in the music business. Y’see at the time, I was still at school but quite quickly I went smoking and drinking and birds and drugs took over so football went out the window”.

So the burning question – has he been in touch with his brother Liam recently and will an Oasis reunion ever happen?

Noel said “No I haven’t been in touch. I last texted him at Christmas after the City match. I don’t think it’s gonna happen. It would be great for everyone else except me. It’d be mega for the millions and millions and everybody else it would be brilliant but I wouldn’t be very happy about it. I guess you don’t know what you’re gonna feel like in 20-odd years but right now, I mean I was in Oasis for nearly 20 years. I’ve been doing this what I’m doing now for one year and I’d like to see what it’s like to do it for longer. I don’t think anyone is pushing for a reunion either. Nobody ever brings it up in any seriousness – I mean Liam does publicly but he says a lot of things publicly. I wouldn’t take anything he says seriously”.

To listen to the interview click here.

Source: www.98fm.com

No comments